The Connection Between Anxiety And Breathing

As I have traveled through the last ten years I have had the chance to experience so much of life it amazes me. Not just soft and fuzzy things, hard and heart breaking things. Just ten years ago my husband and I owned our manufacturing company and it was growing from a small business to nearly a medium size with 70 employees. We were growing so fast we bought more machinery borrowed working capital with the mortgages and guarantees involved. We felt if we took care of the business it would take care of us. Last year everything was foreclosed and we had to file Bankruptcy. At time I was a real mess. I could not breathe, all I wanted to do was sleep. I had lost weight, I had panic attacks, a phobia or two, no job, no insurance and no money. I did have a husband that loves me and we both filed for Social Security. I am now on oxygen 24/7. I have been looking for answers on how I can get the C P O D, anxiety and panic attacks under control.

Six years ago my husband became unwell. It turned out he was Stage 4 Lymphoma. That began the first of the anxiety. I was so afraid I couldn't breathe. Yes that is a literal statement. I had rather mild Asthma until that point. It got much worse. I required several medications to keep it in check. It became worse as additional negative experiences occurred.

I have observed that when one partner in a marriage has a life threatening health problem often their mate develops C P O D. I have seen this numerous times in Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Most recently two couples have joined Rehab. In one case the wife had a heart attack in the other the husband. Both of their mates are in Pulmonary Rehab. Both experience extreme anxiety and have had panic attacks. They are not the only ones. Since I first observed this I find more and more couples that follow this trait. They are simply diagnosed as having C P O D.

I have talked to many people which have been in auto accidents that have begun experiencing breathing problems after their accidents. In some cases their fear and anxiety even brings on panic attacks when risky situations happen while in a car. The unlucky ones begin to experience breathlessness all of the time.

Because I am on oxygen I have become more aware of others also using oxygen. There are more than I ever before thought there would be. The ones I have been able to talk with usually had something in their background that could create anxiety even though they did not recognize it as such.

My Pulmonary Doctor can tell me what C P O D is. It is chronic inflammation of the airways due to Bronchitis or some similar illness. He can prescribe medications and oxygen. He tells me it could be because I smoked at one time. What he can't tell me is why there are so many people that have never smoked or been exposed to "bad air" that have C P O D. I believe the answer is to get rid of the anxiety and fears. I have found when I can achieve this even for a short period of time I do breathe easier.

Until the medical community makes this connection you and I have no choice but to experiment and find our own answers. Eliminate the anxiety and that will stop the panic attacks. Use every tool available to you. I found everything I have tried has provided some change.

I'm Carol and I have had a rich full life. Today I suffer from C P O D and am on oxygen 24/7. In the 64 years I have lived I have explored many forms of alternative medicine. I have shelves full of excellent books. They range from Aroma Therapy to Reflexology. I feel they all have value. None of them has made a noticeable change in my C P O D. I believe it is because the true problem is anxiety. That is the new area I am exploring and I believe I see light at the end of this tunnel. Join me in this search and report all positive changes to your medical Doctor. Your first steps in getting rid of the anxiety and panic attacks can begin where mine did. http://www.lifefreeofanxietyandpanicattacks.com/


Original article

No comments: