Cure Tips For Beating Panic Attacks

Taking the first steps towards curing your panic is the most important one. Anyone who suffers from panic attacks knows how terrifying they can be. Even to the point where you believe you will die. Your attacks don't have to be a disorder your forced to live with. It can be cured. Most suffers accept panic attacks as a way of life, hoping that one won't show up.

I know this, because this is what I used to do. Live my life in fear that an attack would show. So I used to medicate myself until I was numb to my feelings. I stop socializing. Meetings at work became impossible and social gatherings were a definite no. My previous life consisted of going to work and returning home. I wasn't prepared to risk having an attack in front of people. I convinced myself everyone would think I was an exaggerating psycho, who wanted attention. I sometimes believed it myself!

I started to look for alternative natural remedies after years of suffering. I was sick of medication. I wasn't living my life the way I wanted. My only resource for professional help (my doctor) always only recommended meds, meds, meds. It wasn't an overnight solution, but I did manage to completely stop my panic attacks. By using a variety of different natural solutions (and some help from my doctor after persistence convincing). A few of the methods I used are below. I decided to write about these 3 methods because they are easy and apply.

Diet

I know, I know. A change to your diet is not easy and it's boring (my thoughts exactly). But every panic sufferer knows their diet affects the severity of their attacks. The three main food and drink enemies for panic suffers are..

1. Caffeine

When it comes to caffeine everyone automatically thinks coffee. Yes caffeine is in coffee but is also found in many other commonly used foods and drinks. Coffee, teas, sodas, soft drinks, energy drinks, chocolate and some pain relievers or cough/cold medications. If you drink a lot of coffee start by cutting down. Decreasing your coffee intake to fast can do more harm than good, so don't rush.

How? Stimulants in caffeine blocks adenosine (a chemical in the brain) which helps to calm us down. Also caffeine raises our lactate levels in our blood which leads to panic attacks.

2. Refined Sugar

Too much refined sugar decreases energy and causes mood disturbances. Your blood sugars drop and remain low (hypoglycaemia). It can also cause lactic acid to build up in the blood (similar to caffeine)

How? A high content of sugar leads to a fast release of insulin which decreases blood glucose.

3. Alcohol

Alcohol can be used as a way to calm down or relax. But it also causes sugar levels to alter. Which causes increased anxiety, irritability and bad sleeping patterns. If you are struggling to stop drinking alcohol it's best to speak to a professional (doctor/counsellor)

How? Alcohol has similar effects on the body as refined sugar and caffeine. It increases lactic acid build up in the blood.

Stop medication

Stopping medication will be no easy task (bad news). But the good news is, is that it can be done and I'm walking, talking proof of this. Coming off meds will be easier for some than others. But I'm not going to pretend it's an easy process. It took my about 1 year, under close medical supervision. You may relapse or become ill and your panic gets worse. It's normal and unfortunately part of the journey. Be prepared, stay strong and fight through. I would only recommend coming off medication under professional supervision. Tell your doctor what you want. Your doctor is a resource that should be used for guidance and support. They can also tell you what to expect.

Don't expect the unexpected

Panic attacks won't go away overnight. In fact they won't go away in a week or two. Realise before you start, that it will take time. Many obstacles in life take time and persistence to achieve the goal. Speak to other panic suffers, people you're comfortable with, professionals and get some quality advice. Don't start your journey alone, support is valuable resource throughout your recovery. You may relapse, have your worse ever panic attacks, and be unable to sleep. But if you keep pushing through you are guaranteed to be successful.

Curing your panic attacks can be done naturally and without medication. You can live without the fear of panic showing up and start enjoying your life. Panic suffers may have forgotten this, but remember "life is for living". Read my story http://www.panicbecured.com/


Original article

No comments:

Blog Archive